I decided to do a little spring cleaning on this site today. Mainly removing the Google Analytics script that I’ve been wanting to get rid of for a while. I tweaked some CSS too, but that turned out to be an even bigger endeavor than what I thought.
When I originally built this site I used gulp with a CSS and image minification script. Neither of which seem to work anymore. Partially because those versions have been abandoned for quite some time and no longer work on my fairly up-to-date OS. Nothing was wrong with those scripts, except the way the filesystem was handled back in the day. But now I’m at the crossroads of whether I want to attempt to update those scripts or just start over with the current modern approach. Whatever I decide I know I’ll be having this thought again in a couple years.